CEOO Mission Statement
(Caribbean Event Organization of Ontario)
Cultural diversity is a part of our Canadian identity. It is a part of our country, our workplaces and our schools, a part of our day-to-day lives. Our friends, neighbours and coworkers likely all stem from a variety of ethnic groups. This diversity is an asset; we can learn from one another but, first, we must understand one another in order to work together effectively. The Durham Caribbean Festival has been created to raise awareness of cultural diversity and to help dispel negative stereotypes.
The Caribbean Event Organization of Ontario believes that the diversity in our community is a fundamental strength of our region. Our mission to improve the quality of life for the residents of our region is best fulfilled when we embrace diversity as a value and a practice.
Our mission is to bring awareness to the benefits of cultural differences, the issues behind racial profiling and misconceptions affiliated with diversity on all levels. Throughout our work, we will support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing but not limited to age, disability, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
Five values define our promise to the individuals and communities we serve:
- Integrity- Our responsibility, first and foremost, is to uphold the public trust placed in us and to ensure that we emulate the highest ethical standards, honor our commitments, remain objective and transparent and respect all of our stakeholders.
- Stewardship and Service- We endeavor to provide the highest level of service and due diligence to our partners and grant recipients and to safeguard donor intent in perpetuity.
- Diversity and Inclusion- Our strength is found in our differences and we strive to integrate diversity in all that we do.
- Collaboration- We value the transformative power of partnerships based on mutual interests, trust and respect; we work in concert with those who are similarly dedicated to improving our community.
- Innovation- We seek and stimulate new approaches to address what matters most to the people and we serve, as well as support, others who share in our commitment to improve in our community.
Leading by example, we aspire to make diversity a core and abiding focus of the nonprofit sector.